Since the outbreak of COVID-19, all the people in Zhengzhou have been mobilized to fight against the epidemic through strict prevention and control measures. Presently, the city has seen continuously positive momentum in containing the outbreak, with the normal order of work and life seeing faster resumption. By March 5, Zhengzhou has reported no new confirmed cases and no suspected cases for 14 and 13 consecutive days respectively. Of all the 157 confirmed cases, 152 ones have been cured, reaching the cure rate of 96.8%. Due to the rapid contagion of COVID-19 in many countries, however, the situation of COVID-19 prevention and control is still severe. In particular, the transportation hub Zhengzhou is confronted with serious risks of inbound contagion, and it is of top priority to prevent the virus from entering Zhengzhou. Now the following measures shall be taken:
I. Treat all persons as equals.
All inbound arrivals shall undergo the same management according to requirements of local governments regardless of the nationality, including direct arrivals or ones transferring from other cities in China.
II. Strictly perform due responsibilities in places within jurisdiction.
Departments at all levels shall be on the alert for epidemic prevention and control, strictly implement relevant requirements, and take measures to prevent virus entering from outside. In addition, all departments shall improve approaches to check all arrivals to Zhengzhou. At villages, communities, enterprises, public institutions, buildings and public places, the primary responsibility shall be assumed to discover and remove potential risks at the earliest time to stop source of infection.
III. Strictly implement “joint prevention and control”.
Zhengzhou COVID-19 Prevention and Control Group, and departments of customs, immigration inspection, airport, railway stations, foreign affairs, health, public security, and highways set up joint prevention and control work teams to strengthen information access, and coordinate information report, identity registration, health examination, and emergency response, thus ensuing strict management and prevention.
IV. Strictly implement “quarantine and observation”.
All inbound arrivals to Zhengzhou shall undergo 14-day medical observation at home or designated place. Including:
1. Arrivals from or via hardest-hit countries shall undergo concentrated medical observation;
2. Arrivals from other countries and with fixed residence in Zhengzhou shall undergo home quarantine after they are included in the community prevention and control system;
3. Arrivals from other countries and with work in Zhengzhou shall undergo quarantine in the place provided by their work units;
4. Arrivals from other countries for business activities shall undergo quarantine in the hotels designated by the government, and the reception units shall assume the primary responsibility;
5. Arrivals from other countries and without fixed residence or work shall undergo medical observation in the hotels designated by the government, and the hotels and local governments shall be responsible for supervision and management;
6. Arrivals from other countries and transferring via Zhengzhou shall be arranged at the provisional isolation area if they are detected normal at the detection sites in the airport and railway stations, and their departures shall be reported to prevention and control agencies of their destinations.
V. Strictly take “truthful reporting”.
Inbound arrivals to Zhengzhou shall register health status in a truthful manner, and coordinate quarantine at home or designated place. Whoever fails to report truthfully or violates rules of home quarantine shall be sent to concentrated places for medical observation, and the person shall pay for room and board. Whoever violates the provisions of the preceding paragraph and caused serious consequences shall be investigated for legal responsibility in accordance with law.
Office of Zhengzhou Leading Group of COVID-19 Prevention and Control
March 5, 2020